WEC Energy Group is currently seeking applicants for May 2021 summer & year round Engineering Internships and Co-ops based out of the following locations: Green Bay-WI, Kaukauna-WI, Milwaukee-WI, Pewaukee-WI, Wausau-WI, West Allis-WI, Chicago-IL, and Fisher-IL.
We employ students for summer and year-round opportunities to help design creative cost effective systems and equipment that keep the energy flowing to our customers in a safe and reliable manner. WEC Energy Group offers a variety of engineering opportunities for students seeking hands-on experience that are currently enrolled in a four-year degree program. Below is an overview of functional areas where we typically have students. Students work with experienced members of these functional teams.
- Support tasks associated with the overall planning, design, construction, maintenance and operation of the electric distribution system in several areas which may include Materials and Standards, Inspection and Maintenance, Planning Support, System Protection, or Reliability.
- Civil engineering co-ops will support the engineering work group responsible for the design and analysis of steel, concrete and foundation structures and developing site plans and storm water drainage plans.
- Build working knowledge of natural gas transmission and distribution engineering with exposure to a variety of gas facilities, construction projects, system maintenance, and asset management systems.
- Review and analyze gas asset information in various data systems (services, mains, valves, stations) and perform required updates.
- Perform site visits to observe utility construction, maintenance, and customer service functions.
- Build working knowledge of natural gas transmission and distribution engineering through exposure to a variety of facilities, construction projects, system maintenance work, and projects.
- Support Gas Engineering staff and gas utility field personnel on gas design, construction, operating, and maintenance projects, engineering analyses, testing, and investigations, while developing engineering skills, technical expertise, interpersonal and communication skills, and project management skills.
- Prepare plans, designs, specifications, drawings, and work procedures for capital projects and major maintenance projects.
- Support Gas Storage Department, which serves both underground and liquefied natural gas (LNG), with the management of construction, commissioning, and testing phases of projects.
- Gain experience in plant and project engineering, as well as planning, technical support and environmental compliance activities.
- Monitor and evaluate equipment and system performance, while maintaining reliability, safety and regulatory compliance. Our generation facilities include large coal-fired plants, natural gas combustion turbine generating facilities, wind and solar parks, reciprocating internal combustion engine plants, and a biomass plant.
- High School Diploma, HSED, or GED
- Valid driver's license
- Current pursuit of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering or closely related degree.
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 or above.
To be considered, interested students must apply online no later than December 13th. Please monitor your email inbox for additional steps. Interviews will be held in January and February 2021.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
North Shore Gas, Peoples Gas, We Energies, WEC Business Services, Wisconsin Public Service
IL - Chicago, IL - Fisher, MI - Iron Mountain, MI - Marquette, WI - Green Bay, WI - Kaukauna, WI - Milwaukee, WI - Pewaukee, WI - Wausau, WI - West Allis