WEC Energy Group is currently seeking applicants for May 2021 summer & year round IT internships based out of the following locations: Green Bay-WI, Milwaukee-WI, Pewaukee-WI, and Chicago-IL.
We employ students for summer and year round opportunities to help design creative cost effective systems and equipment that keep the energy flowing to our customers in a safe and reliable manner. Our student employees have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. Together, we can make a world of difference!
WEC Energy Group offers a variety of Information Technology opportunities for students seeking hands-on experience that are currently enrolled in a four-year degree program. Below is an overview of functional areas where we typically have students. Students work with experienced members of these functional teams.
- Automates tasks through script modification and development.
- Develops new software solutions or enhancements using a variety of development tools
- Performs testing and deployment of both internally developed and purchased software
- Works directly with clients to perform business analysis and day-to-day technical support
- Participates in project management, portfolio management and preparation of technical documentation
- Plans, designs, installs and tests a variety of security solutions including antivirus software, intrusion detection systems, identity and access management systems and network access control systems
- Automates processes through scripting and application development
- Performs security compliance audits
- Performs hardware lifecycle project planning, scheduling, deployment, client support, and asset inventory reconciliation
- Troubleshoots and resolves software problems related to client computing devices and peripherals.
- Researches, tests, documents, and implements solutions based on standardized practices and methods.
Server and Storage Operational Support:
- Installs, maintains, and tests enterprise datacenter technologies including physical and virtualized Windows, UNIX and Linux servers, Storage Area Networks (SAN), and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Data backup and recovery
- Plans, designs, install, troubleshoots, and monitors We Energies data, voice, and private radio networks
- Supports and prepares documentation for IP telephony, IP networking, microwave, mobile voice, mobile data and multi-address radio systems
- Participates in Telecommunications project management, vendor relations and client communications
- High School Diploma, HSED, or GED
- Current pursuit of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or closely related degree.
- Must be available to work full-time during summer 2021. If available, hours may be flexible to accommodate school schedule with part-time work during the school year
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 or above.
To be considered, interested students must apply online no later than December 13th. Please monitor your email inbox for additional steps. Interviews will be held in January and February 2021.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
IL - Chicago, WI - Green Bay, WI - Milwaukee, WI - Pewaukee