Job Summary: To inspire and prepare all students with confidence, courage and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning by providing professional development and teacher leadership of racial equity programming for sites across the system. The purpose of this position is to serve as professional development experts and consultants in racial equity, culturally relevant instruction, and the common equity practices found in schools and districts that achieve and sustain equitable student achievement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Building capacity in teachers and teacher leaders on the topics of racial equity, culturally relevant pedagogy, racial equity transformation, Courageous Conversations About Race, and making data-based decisions in collaborative teams with equity lens through relevant staff development methods (i.e. training, workshops, consulting, coaching, mentoring, online support).
- Developing, leading, providing and assessing the effectiveness of staff development focused on the elimination of racialized achievement gaps.
- Supporting and leading the cultural relevance and racial equity in Data Teams/Professional Learning Communities, and equity institutes.
- Creating, leading, and supporting district coaches' racial equity and cultural relevance development and support.
- Developing and implementing professional development training for school site and district department staff.
- Serving as a teacher leader, participant, and/or consultant in the development of building Equity Teams. Provide and/or consult in the development of training, coaching, and supporting building and district level equity programming.
- Providing staff development and consulting to site and district level teacher professional developers, coaches, and leaders to center an equity lens inclusive of a focus on the elimination of racial achievement gaps, improved cultural relevancy, and the high level equity practices of gap closing schools and systems.
- Meeting and supporting principals and Equity Teams members to develop and implement their racial equity site plans.
- Providing opportunities for teachers, parents, students, community partners, and district leadership to collaboratively learn and implement initiatives toward the elimination of racialized achievement gaps and inequity in our learning community.
- Preparing communication and programming plans to inform district departments, school sites, and community stakeholders about Osseo Area Schools District 279 racial equity transformational programing.
- Maintaining and presenting records for reporting and accountability.
- Collaborating with department director with program planning for coordinating training, assessing district needs and supporting the development/execution of a racial equity transformational plan.
- Working collaboratively with other district staff around student achievement, staff development, and evaluation related to racial academic disparities in achievement.
- Serving as a teacher leader in the development of a systemic racial equity transformational plan.
- Engaging in district-level activities and committees where appropriate and focused upon centering an equity lens.
- Collaborating with leaders in other departments to provide professional development district-wide, and align initiatives, to improve education for all students, specifically focusing on eliminating racial disparities based on race (including culturally relevant pedagogy).
- Developing and maintaining the Department of Educational Equity equity website and other communication technology tools including Google Applications, on-line blogs, and Wiki spaces.
- Responding to inquiries from district staff in reference to racial equity training and development.
- Attending racial equity conferences, meetings with outside stakeholders, and internal meetings at the direction of the Director of Educational Equity.
- Researching racial equity best and cultural relevancy best practices and makes recommendations for implementation with Osseo Area Schools District 279 departments and school sites.
- Contributing to the District's Mission by partnering with other staff to contribute to racial equity and cultural relevancy for equitable student achievement.
- Collaborating closely with the Director and Department of Educational Equity staff to develop programming for racial equity support and develop
Required Work Experience in Addition to Formal Education/Training: Three years of professional level classroom teaching experience in K-12 education requiring contact with racially, culturally, and economically diverse populations. Evidence of racially equitable culturally relevant classroom teaching experience in K-12 education. Evidence of providing professional development focused on the elimination of racialized achievement gaps, improved cultural relevancy, and equitable student achievement. 45 hours of training in racial equity and cultural relevancy. Current Minnesota teaching license.
Benefits: Per Contract
Application Procedure: Apply online