SAGE is all about its people, its products and its company culture. The vision of the company is to deliver a durable, reliable and high-performance energy-saving electrochromic product for buildings and to provide a healthier indoor environment for their occupants. Its award winning electronically tintable glass solution is second-to-none and recognized by Green Building, Inc. as one of the top ten green building products available on the market place.
SAGE is currently seeking an experienced Quality Engineer (5+ years) to help in install the Quality Management System. The primary medium term goal of this position is to prepare SAGE to attain ISO 9001 and 14001 certifications.
This role will provide hands-on leadership to improve, implement and sustain the quality program at SAGE, with a priority on the SageGlass IGU manufacturing process initially. The role will involve developing and implementing the quality system in SAGE's new high volume manufacturing facility as well as maintaining existing quality protocols. The individual will manage all aspects of the quality program including ensuring compliance to industry standards and managing certification programs. The role will be hands on, and will not only develop the systems but ultimately build a group of technical personnel to ensure the programs are sustained.
- Assist in installing systems that will allow the achievement of ISO9001 quality system and ISO14001 environmental system registrations.
- Provide leadership to all plant personnel for safety, process control and quality programs and initiatives.
- Establish and maintain quality control systems and guidelines for all products produced at the plant.
- Provide Production Supervisors and Operators with information, training and tools to help them perform their jobs and make necessary corrective process decisions.
- Analyze customer quality complaints and develop recommendations for corrective action, to assist sales staff at on-site complaints, and to conduct seminars.
- Focus on reducing process variation throughout the plant, through the use of effective systems, statistical techniques, automation and training.
- Guide plant employees in continuous improvement of quality and process control performance.
- Provide leadership in our document control effort.
- Choose and implement quality management software to track and maintain quality documents.
- Take our metrology systems to the next level of statistical capability.
- Five or more years experience as a quality control engineer
- Proven statistical skills with emphasis in SPC and statistically based problem solving
- Solid knowledge of team oriented problem solving methods and willingness to lead in their deployment into the SAGE facility.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to succeed in this interdisciplinary position. The successful candidate will have a record of working across departmental boundaries to solve complex problems.
- Supervisory experience of technicians.
- Experience with quality system software systems
- Demonstrated ability to assist scientists and process engineers with DoE design and execution. Six Sigma Green Belt training preferred.
- ASQC certification is a plus.
- 4 year degree in Mathematics, Physics, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Material Science or Electrical Engineering.
SAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.