Assistant Store Manager - St. Paul
|Job Location ||US-MN-ST PAUL||Posted Date ||6/16/2014|
|Category ||Retail Store||Type ||Hidden (2049)|
|FLSA Status ||Non-Exempt||# of Openings ||1|
|Min ||Max |
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for maximizing sales and revenues by providing leadership and guidance to create a store environment focused on customer service and employee satisfaction, while executing store operations within organizational guidelines.
- Bachelors of Arts or Science Degree in related field
- Associate Degree in related field
- With a Bachelor degree - minimum of three years recent retail experience as an assistant store manager with discount store, high volume specialty store or store manager in a low volume specialty store.
- With an Associate degree - minimum of five years recent retail experience as an assistant store manager with a discount store, high volume specialty store or store manager in a low volume specialty store.
- Hard and softline experience.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE OR SKILLS:
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficiently to effectively communicate with supervisors, employees and customers.
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong people management and coaching skills.
- Ability to build a strong team.
- Ability to recruit quality individuals.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to interact with a very diverse population in a human services setting.
- Flexible working schedule including days, nights, holidays and weekends.
- Knowledge/expertise in working with persons with disadvantages and/or disabilities and barriers to employment.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon a person's race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, status with regard to public assistance, age, sexual or affectional orientation, familial status, ancestry, local human rights commission activity, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other protected class.