For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M - a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide support to 3M's Stationery Products Division. This position provides support to 30 people including the sales director and outside sales reps, marketers, international marketers, materials control and manufacturing.
- Assist with inventory, ordering and upkeep of SPD main product room.
- Order or collect and ship samples for sales and marketing and International marketing.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies, copy paper and shipping boxes for division.
- Miscellaneous help for lab manufacturing personnel and backup admin support for the lab when their assistant is gone.
- Backup support for executive assistant.
- Monthly CIAS inventory reports - extract information from Sun Lite to Excel, reformat, and distribute electronically for Materials Control group.
- Electronic calendaring and meeting coordination - manage multiple calendars.
- Arrange travel including hotel and car electronically.
- Invoice tracking and processing and requests for purchase orders in PeopleSoft.
- Payroll exceptions - enter and approve payroll for large group.
- Mail and Shipping Services.
- Upkeep of copy rooms - ensure that printers, copy and fax machines have the needed supplies and are in good working condition.
- Ordering product samples, literature, and office supplies as directed electronically.
- High school diploma.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in an administrative role.
- Strong organization, prioritization and communication skills with all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to complete assignments under pressure and short timelines involving a high volume of work.
- Independently applies division and company guidelines and policies to all work assignments, changing procedures if necessary.
- Adaptable to changing demands and ability to work with a wide variety of people and styles.
- Positive attitude and demonstrates personal and excellent business ethics.
- Regular and predictable attendance is essential.