Work collaboratively with development team members, finance department staff members, and the rehabilitation service line program staff to coordinate all aspects of timely proposal submission process including research, planning, proposal writing and development, tracking, and reporting.
- Develop, write and submit grant successful proposals (60%)
Formulate project ideas, based on service line priorities, with program staff that have highest chance of success with funders. Implement all aspects of proposal and report development, writing and submission process.
- Collaborate with development team members to develop and write case statements, major gift and sponsorship proposals (15%)
Serve as a resource to the development team for proposals for individuals, corporations, foundations, and other organizations.
- Coordinate prospect research process to ensure successful funding matches are made for programs (10%)
Lead process to identify funders, translate funder priorities and formulate strategic matches with programs. Represent the new, combined service line interests to institutional funders.
- Coordinate grants processes (10%)
Develop and implement process to track timely submission of proposals and reports using appropriate technology and in collaboration with program staff, finance, outcomes and research and development.
- Other duties as assigned (5%)
- Raiser’s Edge experience.
- Experience and understanding of health care and human services.
- Prospect research experience.
- College degree and 3-5 years of grant writing experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in writing, grammar, spelling and editing.
- Knowledge of organizational and program budgeting.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to self-initiate and work independently, including effective time management.
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to be accurate, clear, and concise.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline driven environment.