Dakota Electric Association
Technical Operations Systems Manager
Electric Power Distribution
Celebrating over 75 years of service, Dakota Electric Association provides electricity to more than 100,000 members throughout Dakota County and portions of Goodhue, Rice and Scott counties and is among the 25 largest electric cooperatives in the Country. Dakota Electric, a Touchstone Energy Partner, serves its member/owners with integrity, accountability, innovation and commitment to community.
Dakota Electric’s information systems are divided into two major functional areas: business (IT) and operations (OT). Major operations systems include: Load Management, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Geographical Information (GIS), Outage Management (OMS), Work Management (WMS), Communications and the Enterprise Integration system that connects these systems to each other and to the business systems.
The Technical Operations Systems Manager oversees all operations systems and creates the long-term vision for these systems that aligns with Dakota Electric’s business strategy. A key focus of this position is serving as Project Manager for major technology initiatives including developing, planning, and implementing custom software and database applications to meet the needs of these systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited school
- 10+ years of experience in a computer science or an engineering position at a utility or related business with demonstrated project management and leadership experience.
- Significant direct supervisory responsibility or lead project management experience.
The ideal candidate would have all of the following experience but individuals with less experience WILL definitely be considered:
- 6 years of supervisory experience.
- 10 years of experience with operating, maintaining and/or extending Load Management, GIS, SCADA, OMS and enterprise integration systems.
- 4 years in application development including any or all of the following technologies: Microsoft Visual Studio.NET, Microsoft SQL Server, web services, Java Script, Silverlight, VB Script, XHTML and XML. Proficiency in Transact-SQL.
- Project Management certification is strongly desired but not required.
- Registration as a professional engineer is desired but not required.
Dakota Electric Association offers more than challenging work opportunities in the fast-changing utility industry. Our Employees benefit from a work environment that encourages work-life balance and professional growth along with competitive pay and an outstanding benefits package.
Visit our website to apply:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer