Purpose/Scope: Provide technical expertise for project pre-planning and following field plans, resolving problems,working with the crew to erect the building while also directing the work, keeping supervisors informed of project progress.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensure that established safety policies are followed.
* Provide work direction for, and promote teamwork amongst, the crew members.
* Work with the crew to erect the building, while concurrently supervising the work.
* Enforce company policies and procedures to ensure that work performance is in compliance with ISO and OSHA
standards and DOT regulations.
* Hire local union members when required and discharge crew members if necessary.
* Provide input for project pre-planning and follow field plans.
* Represent the company on the job site and communicate effectively with the general contractor and sub-contractors.
* Keep supervisors informed on the job's progress and estimate completion dates.
* Provide daily reports as required to administrative personnel.
* Interface with the Engineering and Drafting departments to resolve problems as they arise on the job.
* Interface with Production, Yard, and Shipping personnel when required.
* Plan for the efficient use of resources and allocate resources to allow flexibility if problems arise.
* Communicate resource problems to supervisors in a timely manner.
* Provide significant technical expertise, including, but not limited to, the technical leadership to erect buildings in
accordance with approved drawings and erection methods.
* Complete the initial building layout and accurately lay out doors, windows, and other openings.
* Maintain an accurate layout throughout the erection of a building.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of three (3) years direct experience as an erection crew member
* Minimum of five (5) years pre-cast experience
* Knowledgeable about all aspects of erecting pre-cast buildings
* Ability to effectively communicate with personnel at different levels
* Ability to foresee potential problems and take necessary action to prevent the problems from occurring
* Ability to work in an organized manner and adapt readily to change
* Ability to read and interpret shop drawings
* Experience with welding and familiarity with general construction practices
* Ability to use construction mensuration equipment (i.e. transits, levels, and laser levels)
* Ability to work well with others and maintain professional conduct at all times
* Possess outstanding work habits and be able to demonstrate them to subordinates
* Knowledge of crane set-up and signaling
* Valid driver's license
Ability to travel
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Welding certification
* Ability to lift 50 lbs
* Ability to work extensive overtime when needed
* Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions