GNP Company: Dedicated to healthy food, families and farms since 1926...
and proud sponsor of brighter futures!
Started as a seasonal hatchery selling day-old chicks to Minnesota farmers in 1926 by E.M. Helgeson, the Helgeson family legacy lives on with GNP Company. Still owned by the same family today-while operated by a larger company family made-up of approximately 1,600 team members-annual sales are expected to reach an all-time high in 2013 of $400 million.
At GNP Company, we control the quality of our products by managing every aspect of the business from breeding, hatching, milling, caring for, processing, marketing and selling premium-quality products under the Just BARE, Gold'n Plump and Sunny Roost brands. In addition to retail stores, our products are also found in supermarket delis and restaurants across the country.
Recognizing that quality products start with quality roots, we understand that people and Midwest values are our greatest assets. It's because of this that we place a strong emphasis on developing long-term relationships with our nearly 350 farm partners throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin as well as training our team members-ultimately increasing levels of opportunity and overall job satisfaction.
For more information, visit our company or brand websites at
GNPCompany.com, GoldnPlump.com and JustBareChicken.com
POSITION SUMMARY: The Benefits Manager leads the design, compliance, administration and communication for GNP Company benefits programs and practices and provides strategic information to leadership to align the company's benefit objectives to short and long term business goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages the planning, analysis, design, evaluation, communication, implementation, and administration of all aspects of the benefits programs, policies and processes including health and welfare plans, 401(K), ESOP, benefits communication, etc. and benefits policy development to meet team member needs and business affordability and competitiveness goals and to comply with legal requirements .
- Ensures all welfare plans and retirement plans (including health, life, dental, EAP, STD, LTD, Flex, Vision, 401k, ESOP, etc.) meet legal and audit compliance. (Compliance includes: ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, WHCRA, 401k nondiscrimination testing, 404c ERISA, Medicare & Medicaid employer regulations, 5500 filings, QDIA's, etc.)
- Develops and facilitates communication and education programs and processes, including open/re-enrollment materials, SPD's, amendments, postings, newsletter articles, benefit presentations, intranet materials and various communications for team members.
- Leads long-range benefit program research, design and recommendations, staying abreast of emerging legislation, regulations, market trends and best practices.
- Manages vendor relationships with brokers and insurance companies negotiating contracts, coordinating change implementation, resolving issues, and interpreting policy.
- Maintains expert knowledge of benefits laws/regulations and ensures organizational compliance, providing oversight and guidance of internal procedure to ensure compliance and consistency. Trains and educates other HR Team Members on benefits and benefits administration related issues.
- Manages COBRA administration and compliance.
- Identifies and implements continuous process innovations and improvements.
EXPECTATIONS - all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or a related field REQUIRED. Master's degree is preferred
- 7 - 10 Years of Previous Related Experience
- Ability to apply principles of insurance including but not limited to claims analysis, funding mechanisms, stop loss, pooling, market analysis, trending, subrogation, benefit design, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret insurance SPD's plan documents, service agreements and contracts
- Very strong analytical and critical thinking skills as demonstrated through the ability to conduct independentresearch, draw conclusions, make recommendations and implement procedures to meet requirements of plan documents, SPD's, service agreements and contracts.
- Advanced project management skills with ability to lead project teams.
- Expert knowledge of all relevant laws and regulations including, but not limited to: COBRA, ERISA, HIPPA, 401K regulations and the ACA, etc.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent negotiation and consultation skills
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Ability to lead project teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface and work with all management levels as well as vendors, attorneys, regulators etc.
- Detail oriented with ability to work independently on multiple projects
- Strong leadership, professional integrity and customer service skills. Builds partnerships and business relationships; high degree of credibility
- Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and AS400