|Job Summary: Implement, manage and maintain district network. Configure, maintain, monitor and repair district technology systems, including communications systems, security, data storage and servers.|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is responsible for the technical implementation and support of system administration and operations.
- Provides server systems installation, implementation and maintenance (e.g. Windows Server Operating System, enterprise email, content management, account directories, VPN, email filter, virtualization, testing, instructional).
- Installs server software and systems and server hardware.
- Configures systems to ensure efficient operations.
- Performs systems maintenance procedures (e.g. deployment of operating system patches, security hot fixes, security updates, backups).
- Maintains an infrastructure monitoring system to ensure problems are detected and resolved.
- Restores systems to a working state if a system fails.
- Monitors and maintains security of critical systems.
- Creates, monitors, and maintains accurate records, systems, and other documents.
- Prepares technical resources and reports.
- Researches and provides recommendations for system improvements, capacity upgrades, and new solutions and technologies.
- Develops systems documentation, user procedures and instructional policies.
- Communicates when services will be unavailable.
- Documents systemic tasks and catastrophic procedures.
- Provides technical assistance, support, and training.
- Applies problem solving skills to troubleshoot problems encountered by users.
- Provides training and support to other employees.
- Attends in-services, workshops, training programs, district meetings as requested by the supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or five years of relevant experience.
- MCSE Certification.
- Advanced knowledge of Server Operating Systems (Windows, Linux).
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, visitors, and outside providers.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with employees and outside providers.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve.
- Sufficient writing and verbal skills to justify recommendations, create reports, and convey messages clearly.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow district and school policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Interest in working in a school district environment.
- A positive, customer service-oriented approach to work.
- Proficient at PowerShell and VB Scripting
- VoIP implementation and administration experience
- Familiarity with technology tools used in an educational institution.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple, parallel, and critical projects.
- Solid foundational knowledge of VMware version 5.
- Experience working with CommVault, HP SAN, EMC Storage, Nagios and Extreme Networks Infrastructure (wired and wireless).
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Exchange, Moodle, Active Directory, Cisco ASA VPN, Email filter, VMware, Google Apps and LAMP servers.
- Standard knowledge of database technologies.
- Certification on Server+ and Network+.
Salary Range: $21.09/hour - $27.07/hour
- Must be flexible and able to work weekends and/or after hours as part of an on-call rotation.
- Point of contact for service disruptions outside of business hours.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds occasionally, and 75 pounds with team lifts.
Benefits: Per Master Agreement
Application Process: Apply Online