|Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. |
The mission of the Hennepin County Human Services and Public Health Department (HSPHD) is to strengthen individuals, families and communities by increasing safety and stability, promoting self-reliance and livable income and improving the health of our communities.
Hennepin County's Information Technology (IT) and Records Management unit is seeking an experienced Mobile Application Developer.
Hennepin County offers impressive that include: a comprehensive health and wellness package, employee discounts, retirement preparation and savings plans, insurance protection programs, family benefits, tuition reimbursement, and more.
HSPHD is a results only work environment where each job has concrete goals and expected results, individual employees are responsible for managing his/her work, and performance is measured by results.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- Work in a collaborative and agile environment to professionally elicit, capture and document user requirements; as well as collaboratively design, develop and implement quality solutions for various mobile platforms (e.g. Android, iOS, etc.) within schedule and budget.
- Act as a technical lead for mobile app projects - working with business, IT, QA, and external partners to identify and implement secure, and cost-effective solutions.
- Provide leadership and technical mentoring to other staff.
- Stay current with trends and innovations in the mobile development industry.
- One of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, management information systems (MIS), and/or another related field plus two years or more of professional IT experience.
- Associate's degree or approved certification in an IT program plus four years or more of professional IT experience.
- An approved equivalent combination of education and professional IT experience to equal six years or more.
- Knowledge of Java and Objective-C.
- Developing for Android and iOS mobile platforms.
- With automated testing frameworks and mocking tools (e.g. JUnit and EasyMock or other comparable tools).
- With database concepts.
- With software development collaboration tools (e.g. RTC and/or other comparable tools) and source control.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with Business Analysts, Quality Assurance, Application Support, Management, etc.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles, and the ability to quickly learn new languages
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of the importance of the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to:
- Work with customers and gather requirements.
- Think abstractly and be an independent problem solver.
- Mentor other developers new to mobile platforms.
- Focus on deadlines and deliverables.
Applications will be forwarded to the hiring supervisor on an on-going basis. Posting will remain open until filled. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Candidates may be required to pass a background check post-interview.