|Job Category: Finance/Accounting ||Job Type: Full Time |
|Employment Type: Regular - U.S. ||Pay Type: Salaried |
|Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt ||Work Schedule: |
|Work Hours/Week: 40 ||People Manager: No |
|Work Environment: Office ||% Travel Required: 0 |
|Province/State/County: Minnesota (US-MN) ||City: Minneapolis |
|Address: 100 South 5th Street, Minneapolis, MN ||Requisition ID: 16775|
Provide financial planning, reporting and analysis support to RBC Global Asset Management US. Using knowledge of reporting and analysis, the position supports firm management in understanding current financial results and developing future expectations.
- Responsible for the production of financial information for monthly review package and monthly/quarterly results reports which are then discussed with senior management within the business.
- Ensure that financial reporting and related information for GAM-US is reported accurately and on a timely basis.
- Responsible for the development of quarterly, annual, and five year forecasts and plans, and ensuring that they are accurately reflected in the financial reporting system. Manage timelines by distributing input models to Managers, providing thoughtful guidance where appropriate, collecting, consolidating, and summarizing data.
- Assist with annual audit process for Private Securities as well as GAM-US' annual audit, working directly with custodians and auditors.
- Provision of GAM-US data for Industry based surveys which are used to benchmark the business and provide useful information to Senior Management.
- Manage Accounts Receivable and follow up as appropriate with overdue clients.
- Work collaboratively with business units and other finance partners on financials and other ongoing financial projects.
- Perform accounting (including reconciliations) tasks day to day as required.
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes, increase efficiency and automate processes.
- Other special projects, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Provide value added financial service to GAM-US Senior Management by providing monthly P&L analysis in a timely manner, including details that offer an enhanced picture of financial performance, indications of variance to budget and solutions/recommendations on issues. Strive to add relevant details and improve usefulness of reports and communicate potential cost savings that may exist
- Document key procedures within this role
- High level of accuracy required paying close attention to detail
- Prioritize for greatest impact. Continue to add to existing tasks and responsibilities without compromising quality of work or deadlines
- Collaborate as partners. Build relationships with all GAM Managers in order to accomplish all tasks effectively and efficiently while providing thoughtful and useful financial guidance to management
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA (strongly preferred) with previous audit experience, preferably Big Four
- One to five years financial analysis experience
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures and the ability to research and provide recommendations as it relates to accounting policy
- Strong analytical skills with advanced use of spreadsheets (Excel), must know how to create models
- Ability to develop and analyze alternative solutions and make recommendations
- Ability to interact effectively across department and organization, and with various levels of management. Excellent interpersonal skills with strong customer service orientation and ability to establish and maintain relationships at all organizational levels
- Effective organization and planning skills - plans, organizes and schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Keen attention to detail with natural intellectual curiosity and ability to meet deadlines in a highly visible function
- Ability to take initiative, function independently and work as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to interpret and make recommendations
- Well-developed and proven written and oral communication skills
- Ability to incorporate new ideas, processes and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage a large number of tasks and projects simultaneously
- Financial services industry experience (asset or wealth management)
- Hyperion, eFRS & PeopleSoft experience
- Experience in the annual planning process
Diversity in the workplace, one of our shared values, lies at the heart of our rewarding, open, supportive and inclusive work environment. We respect and respond to the many competing and evolving priorities in our lives so you can focus on what you can do best - put clients first.