Assistant Store Manager - St. Paul (Fairview)
|Job Location ||US-MN-ST PAUL||Posted Date ||2/13/2014|
|Category ||Retail Store||Type ||Hidden (2049)|
|FLSA Status ||Non-Exempt||# of Openings ||1|
|Min ||Max |
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for maximizing sales and revenues by providing leadership and guidance to create a store environment focused on customer service and employee satisfaction, while executing store operations within organizational guidelines.
- Bachelors of Arts or Science Degree in related field
- Associate Degree in related field
- With a Bachelor degree - minimum of three years recent retail experience as an assistant store manager with discount store, high volume specialty store or store manager in a low volume specialty store.
- With an Associate degree - minimum of five years recent retail experience as an assistant store manager with a discount store, high volume specialty store or store manager in a low volume specialty store.
- Hard and softline experience.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE OR SKILLS:
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficiently to effectively communicate with supervisors, employees and customers.
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong people management and coaching skills.
- Ability to build a strong team.
- Ability to recruit quality individuals.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to interact with a very diverse population in a human services setting.
- Flexible working schedule including days, nights, holidays and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Knowledge/expertise in working with persons with disadvantages and/or disabilities and barriers to employment.